Monday, June 30, 2008

Dreaming of a Special Sort of Friend


A sort of Pooh like day today, it's hot and I'm lazy. I need to finish basting a quilt.  But first a visit to the hundred acre wood and a Pooh like quilt. I found these Winnie the Pooh quilt blocks thrifting and I tried to fit them together best I can (as Pooh would say) and this is the result. The Eeyore block I couldn't fit on the front went on the back.  I felt bad there was a leftover piece, but my special sort of friend was glad for the something to take to the beach to lay on.  

2 comments:

susan said...

omg! where did you get that little cat, it is sooooooooo cute! mark busted out and paid to get my gammill back. when it returns, it comes with a laser lite; a large bobbin; a new 10' steel table with castors and it should run cherry. i am so stoked! i went to the pain clinic on last friday and i am getting 30mg of morphine three times a day...i can finally walk a bit and get more done. my knees feel tight but they dont hurt so bad i want to cry. i made a really nice wall hanging (wow) for a sample i am taking to a quilt shop that carries my hand dyes in escanaba. tomarrow a.m. i will bind it. i will take a picture and put up on blog tomarrow or the next day. i want to do a king size wow in all hand dyes but i will do the 9" or 12" block vs those 6" which are awesome but takes forever to make a big quilt. the pooh quilt is great!

vermontv said...

Dear sis

Now you need to find a little girl or boy who loves pooh! i like the whimsy of the quilt and the fact that eeyore is relegated to the back of the quilt.Your friend with the beach blanket is cute!!! Maybe even cute overload!!!