Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Snoqualmie Falls, Ikea & More

Up and out early on our trip today.  It's off to Snoqualmie Falls. Since Kauai is a virtual paradise full of waterfalls, it takes alot for me to be impressed by waterfalls.  But Snoqualmie Falls was simply majestic.  It was the first day of warm spring weather and everyone including a local motorcycle club came out to enjoy the falls.  My husband & I walked around the town of Issaquah.  He loved the look of this building it gives you a glimpse of Issaquah downtown.
 
I happened a upon a craft fair and bought pot holders and tea towels for Mother's day presents.
 She was a quilter and displayed watercolor quilts something I never had the patience to do.  Friends told us not to miss shopping at the Ikea store.  So we ventured into the land of European design.  I had no idea how large the store was.  It took us a good 5 minutes to walk from the parking lot to the entrance and we were not inside the building yet!  Inside we strolled for at least 3 hours before stopping for lunch at the store cafeteria.  
I had chicken salad and some great brambleberry juice.  I even found their fabric section.  It was self serve and yes, I was honest as to how many yards I cut and labeled.  Here's some of the fabric.  It will be great for household sewing and bags, I'm not sure I would use it for quilts.  But at $3.50 a yard I couldn't resist.   This is the last day in Seattle and we must head over the mountains in tomorrow's blog.  I'll miss shopping in Bellevue.

1 comment:

susan said...

was ikea all it is cracked up to be. they seem to have some kool stuff. the water falls around here are pretty spectacular, especially tahquemonon. there are actually three falls there. but i must admit the rainbows here are few and far between and very anemic compared to the blinding eye popping ones on kauai. i miss my tori too much!!!! sounds like you guys are having a great time.